How to turn your photo into a painted portrait
How to choose the photo to be painted:
Close ups or head shots are best. For optimum results, the subject should be facing the camera. The photo should be well lit, with detail in the face and eyes, whether it is a person or a pet. Photos with light backgrounds reproduce better when painted. If you are unsure if a photo can be painted, you can email me. Or better yet, send me a few options, and I will help you choose.
Remember, each portrait is done by hand using digital paint. It will not be an exact replica of your photo. To get a sense of my style, you can view some of my paintings here.
About your finished painting!
Portraits are canvassed with a laminated coating to protect the artwork through the years. Your portrait will be wrapped around a solid wood frame that is nearly an inch thick. And it will arrive, ready to hang.
Your portrait, although digital, is done by hand, therefore it is a time consuming process. Typically, it takes 5-7 days to finish a single subject painting. The canvassing and shipping will add 7-10 days. The portrait will be painted in the order that I receive the request. On average it will take 8-10 weeks to receive the finished art. During busy times of the year, there may be a waiting list. Contact me for an accurate estimate.
Portraits of multiple subjects
One or more subjects can be painted together. It is recommended that both subjects be in the same photo, but it is possible to combine two photos into a single painting.
Please contact me for more information and pricing.
A Special Note About Pet Portraits
After losing two of my beloved German Shepherds, I decided to paint them, as part of my healing process. In memory of my two boys, Saber and Corona, I will be donating a percentage of every pet portrait to Shepherds Hope Rescue. I have adopted two dogs from these amazing volunteers. They dedicate their lives to saving dogs from high kill shelters and deplorable conditions. My friends at Shepherds Hope give these dogs a well-deserved second chance. Purchasing a pet portrait is a great way to honor your cherished companion and help another to find their forever home.
Portraits Rates for Single Subjects
8×10 | $319*
10×10 | $329*
16×20 | $369*
20×20 | $389*
24×30 | $449*
* $15 shipping fee will be added within the U.S.
7% sales tax will be added for NJ residents
Payment for portraits is due at the time of commission.
Checks or credit cards* are accepted.
How to Order Your Painted Portrait
- Submit your photo. Put PAINT in the subject line. Be sure to include all your contact information.
- You will be contacted to discuss your painting options.
- Once you have agreed to commission your painting, you will be prompted to pay by check or credit card. Once payment is received we will begin your portrait. Current customers click here for credit card payment. You will need your password to order.
- Your keepsake painting will arrive in approximately 8-12 weeks depending on wait times. You will receive an email when the painting has shipped.
- Hang your painting and ENJOY!